Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Update!

We havent written in the blog lately. Dont worry though, we're fine. The snow and the rain came through Seattle but our little hillside apartment was unaffected. I did get wet walking to the bus stop though.

Today was my day off, so we ran some X-mas errands and then went to a nursery and bought a poinsetta. It was a great big nursery that sells alot of Christmas trees. There were reindeer there. Heather thinks reindeer are cute. I agree. Although they are shorter than I thought.

Those of you who read this blog to hear about our culinary adventures should know that Heather made mushroom risotto last night and was really tasty. I dont know if she'll post the recipe here. I think she should keep it a secret. This morning I made some hashbrowns and a tofu scramble. My friend Tony once asked me lots of questions about how to make good hashbrowns at home, and I didn't really have any answers because I never made hashbrowns at home, I always made them at work, but now I know whats up. There's two things that make good hashbrowns at home: 1) Boil the potatoes before hand, then peel 'em and chop 'em up. 2) Use a big heavy cast iron skillet and plenty of salt and pepper. (If your cooking them for somebody who likes a spicy hashbrowns, use crushed red pepper.)

Tonight we're going to go to see the Seattle Supersonics play a basketball game against the Los Angeles Clippers. I've never been to a real basketball game before. I'm looking forward to it. Heather has been to lots of basketball games, she's gonna yell and tell me whats going on.

2 comments:

Betsy said...

You chop your hashbrowns? Ross shreds them and they tend to turn a weird blackish color. But they're still darn tasty. What do you recommend?

Topher said...

The blackish color is a result of the potatoes oxidizing. If Ross were to toss the shredded spuds with a little lemon juice, it would probably prevent that.

sincerely,
potato nerd