Saturday, March 22, 2008

I drink water...

I received my Federal tax return last week. It arrived along with many well wishes and gifts...this got me thinking. I wanted some new cds really bad. Then Topher gave me 2 that I have been dying for (a badly needed new copy of illmatic by Nas and 100 days 100 nights by Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings) for my birthday.

I decided to donate $30.00 (less than the cost of 2 cds!) to The Blue Planet Run Foundation, which funds water project implementations for communities in need of water. So little money for so much! Yes, it did make me feel good, but it's more likely I'll forget this donation, because it is so little. If you are interested in doing this, check out the following foundations....
Kiva
The Humane Society
World Wildlife Fund
Heifer International

---> Hey everybody, this is Topher, I just got home late from work and H. was telling me about what she did today and then I checked out that Kiva site up there. That thing is really cool. I just loaned 25 bucks to a farmer in Ecuador!

No comments: