Monday, May 26, 2008

day'n days






I was a hair model at Salon Joseph up the hill from our house and was asked to come back for another up-do. It was fun. The weather has been beautiful and we have been getting out and walking more. Yesterday I made a Coconut-Lime Bundt Cake from Veganomicon with Gluten Free Flour. It turned out beautifully and was moist and delicious! I have never made a Bundt Cake before and have a hard time baking sometimes, because I try to do it too quickly. This time I took my time and it paid off! We had a wonderful time at NAS and also saw Ironman, which was very entertaining. I started doing yoga more, which feels great and makes my job easier. We continue to explore the city together, walking around Queen Anne is quite a workout. We have begun looking at Real Estate, partially for fun, but also to get an idea for the the future.

This weekend Topher had Saturday and Memorial Day off, so we got to hang out more than usual. The grill is being put to use and the porch garden has benefited from all the recent sunshine. Our plants look great and we now have fresh Mint, Sage, Purple Sage, Thyme, Rosemary, French Lavender, Bay Leaves, Chives and Oregano available. Soon we will have Aunt Molly's Ground Cherries, Eggplant and Carrots too. (If anyone in the Seattle area would like Sage, Ground Cherries or Chives, let us know we have extras that are already started.) I planted some Catnip outside for all the outdoor cats in the area and someone has already been chomping it up!