Thursday, October 30, 2008

I have been busy. Busy working, relaxing and doing a lot of professional development. I was struggling with a nasty sickness for the last 2 weeks on top of everything else. I am currently dealing with the fact that I can not have a "Halloween" party in my classroom tomorrow. We will have a "Harvest" party instead and I will give out the Halloween gift bags while they are out the door.

I understand that my school is diverse and I love that fact, but this is a wake up call about the world I have been living in for the last 32 years. I am sad, it feels like a great loss. I am trying to figure in a way to make it all inclusive, like Dia de Los Muertos and Halloween, in the future...or something. The idea is still brewing. I am suddenly paranoid about celebrating St. Patrick's Day in my classroom. Halloween and St. Patrick's Day are my favorite holidays, they are the best! No stress, only food, fun and drinks!

Topher and I decided to get real pre-made Halloween costumes this year. I will be Scooby-Doo and Topher will dress as Fred Flintstone. We are pretty excited about it, except for a fact that Topher keeps pointing out to me; I am used to a city wide Halloween party. Seattle does not get it...I hope we can find something fun to do.

In the meantime I love these people:

Yes We Carve
is also pretty darn cool!

No comments: