Tuesday, February 26, 2008

"It's not about a salary, it's all about reality"

"You know everything!"

Today one of my students said this to me...it was one of those good days and hearing this sort of thing...

First this made me feel old...and then as I looked into the faces of the five students staring up at me...I felt like I was right where I belong. It is for this group of students that I am researching Andre The Giant's life tonight. (It is amazing when your interests align with students...teaching reading makes these stretches, well less a stretch.)

This school is the most diverse school I have EVER been in, students AND staff and it is seriously growing on me. It is not perfect and after Coop I am hesitant...but there is more to the equation than my past and insecurities...

"Teachers teach and make the world good..."

1 comment:

Betsy said...

my idols are school teachers and public librarians. These are the people protecting democracy and making the world good. You are amazing - every single day you get in front of those kids.