Thursday, January 10, 2008

in lieu of e-mail

Dear friends,

I have been struggling with an impacted sinus infection and finally decided to take care of it, as the ringing in my ears was starting to drive me nuts. My goal this week was to apply to be a Substitute Teacher in a few districts and the good news is that the Seattle area is low on subs! My thought process went something like this: sub and find a school I like, get to know Washington's rules and regulations, what the vendor products look like, and find the perfect position next school year. It has been a tad difficult to think straight while my head is in such distress.

I have been taking breaks to knit frantically, reading Pedagogy of the Oppressed, watching Perry Mason and trying to finish the other books that I am reading so that I can start on some of the new ones we got for Christmas. I returned to the shelter on Monday and spent an hour with Cali, the adorable gray pit puppy and then got to hang out with Orlando who is the most graceful dog I have ever seen. The dwarf hamster we were thinking of fostering has been adopted, which is good news...but there is always straight up adoption!? In case we decide to do this, meet Gerhardt, so cute! (We are still discussing this.)

Back to work!

1 comment:

CUL8R said...

Hi Heather
I stumbled upon your blog and thought I could make a suggestion for your sinus problem.
Have you tried a Neti Pot? It is used to flush the nasal/sinus cavities and can be purchased at a drug store. Maybe so since you are into yoga. I've never tried it but I know people who have and it has changed their life!!!!! Good luck.