Wednesday, April 9, 2008

morning surfing

I rarely "dork around" on the internet, but this morning as I attempt to return to my work schedule, I have some extra time. I have discovered some very interesting tidbits, which I feel the need to share with you...I was wondering how healthy the plastic Nalgene bottle I use once in a while is for me. It never seems to get really clean and oh yeah they make cages for animal testing. So the alternatives seem to be SIGG (aluminum and enamel) or Klean Kanteen (Steel and might or might not taste like metal). I have been using an IKEA plastic cup at work and drinking the tap water...in Seattle this is an okay thing to do. It's just water...so much drama...

Many people use the term "kitschy" almost as if it is a bad word, writing off objects that may be to meaningful to others...I found this on Lady Parts:
This is the contrast between high art and kitsch, the principle conceptualization of the self. Does thinking about your existence paralyze you and cause you to isolate yourself, or does it numb your brain and make you completely able to roll over, completely able to forget and move on. The lonely artist sitting in a studio, birthing the idea that will revolutionize our perception of the human condition is an icon of the elite, wealthy class. But kitsch just is the human condition, taking time and being itself. It does not continue into frustration, it feels warm and touched by the small plastic figurine of a lamb.

And our favorites, the Hot Knives at the Grilled Cheese Guantlet!

No comments: