Monday, November 26, 2007

a good start


It seems as though Fall has finally arrived in the Northwest. It is chilly and still beautiful. I had to put a sweater and a jacket on Snoopy yesterday for his walk. By the way, he is as cute in person as he is in that photo! Last night we received an excellent package! This particular item made Topher's night! Yep, that is a real smile and he plans on keeping this box. I learn something new every day I spend with him. Did you know Walleyes have bad eyes, hence the name and the glasses on this guy?

We also read through our new cookbooks and I feel invigorated to cook again! As I continue to knit my way through Christmas presents, thoughts come and go and today I could not get coconut milk out of my head. We do not have a lot of the ingredients needed for Thai coconut milk soupish dishes, but I did some research online and made this delicious broth:

1 can coconut milk
3 1/2 cups veggie stock
4 tsp. lemon juice
2 tsp. powered ginger
2 minced garlic cloves
1 lime, zested

simmer for 10 minutes
add 2 tablespoons of red or green curry paste

Then I added what we had available:
1 can Enoki mushrooms
green beans
1 pack firm tofu, cut into triangles
1 carrot, sliced thinly

I heavily garnished this with Cilantro, I'll take any chance I get!
Yum! Prefect for a chilly day.

No comments: