Monday, November 12, 2007

Relish

Yesterday was one of the most rewarding days I have had in a long time. After the training I worked the remaining few hours of a "Matchmaker" shift, which includes going into kennels and hanging out with dogs or walking them and helping out prospective dog adopters. It was a busy day at the shelter and 3 dogs that I helped meet families got adopted! One of the lucky dogs was a beautiful little rat terrier named Willy, my type of dog, who was an amazing bouncer. Then I took 2 guys outside, not at the same time, both were larger orange dogs, one part Chow and the other Retriever. These 2, Chester and Rocko, were so sweet, leash trained and one, Rocko was a great fetcher! I am going to love this! I urge anyone looking to get a dog to check Petfinder first! There are so many amazing dogs and cats (and critters too), who have had to part ways with their previous owners or are found as strays and need a home.

Topher had a good day too, brunch went well and his job continues to be mellow and enjoyable! We went to Central Cinema to see Rear Window and that was a blast. Topher was happy to know the references made on Bart of Darkness and then he felt pretty slick when he found it at home and we could watch it!

No comments: